Hen and Stag – Dos and Donts
Things You Should Do:
- Check the Carlingford events calendar to avail of festivals, activity or craft weekends to suit your party.
- ASK! We are eager to give you advice, send you photos, extra information and come up with a price within your means. If you don’t ask you won’t get. Carlingfordhenandstag.ie works on the principle that no job is too big and no request too small.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket as the saying goes. Confirm that there is something for everyone. Somebody who may not like the idea of the kayaking at least has the excitement of the cocktail party or perhaps can relish the thought of tasting the local cuisine. Once you maintain a level of variety there will be something for everyone.
- Collecting Money; every chief bridesmaid’s biggest bother. As soon as the hen destination has been established give each person four dates as the deadlines for money payment installments. Set-up a bank transfer to save you the hassle of running around after people. Pay as much as you can before you arrive to the destination so you can relax and enjoy the party. Contact us so we can to help take care of all the bookings and payments for you. Have money collected BEFORE you arrive and so that the drinks can start to flow.
Things To Avoid:
- Avoid more than one group member corresponding with a booking enquiry which will only confuse both parties and can lead to double bookings, mixed messages, differing arrangements and money difficulties. Delegate jobs and stick to your task only.
- Avoid bad time-management. For example, if you’re late for the hair and makeup appointment you’ll be rushing for the other activities and before you know it dinner has ran over and you’ve lost the reserved area in the Disco Bar. With larger group’s time-management is essential considering there will usually be unforeseen hiccups anyway so stick to the schedule as much as possible.
- Do not come unprepared. If you’ve planned Paintballing don’t expect you’re newly embellished cons to make it out alive, just the same way if you’re doing the scavenger hunt you may need a raincoat along with the sunnies. Prepare for all eventualities for a more enjoyable trip.
- Don’t plan every minute. Some people like down time to prepare for the next phase. Sometimes activities may run over. Very often the natural flow of conversation is more enjoyable than a quiz on the colour of the Brides underwear. Activities and games are brilliant but don’t overdo them.